Total Pageviews

Featured post

A Dog is not just for Christmas...but these two could be!

I promised you some news about Rohan and India, so here it is!   The brand new book of stories about their lives at TURN Education is now av...

Thursday 20 September 2012

Balancing the Bad News

It's a strange fact, but I suspect we are all more prone to believe bad reviews than we are to accept good ones. Whenever I'm looking for a hotel, I will inevitably home in on any review that is taking the place to task and will ignore the many others that say how great it all is. This is fine (although not for the hoteliers) when you're the customer, but it is somewhat different when the boot is on the other foot and you are trying to sell your own work.

I was, therefore, disproportionately disappointed when my new book, Jambalaya,  got its first review, and it was a poor one. To be fair, the review was balanced and well written, but I just knew it would be seized on by every potential reader and accepted without question, after all, that's what I would have done.

So it's illogical but nevertheless the case that I'm equally disproportionately chuffed that some kind soul has taken the time to disagree with the review (you'll find the original in the Comments for the review), like so:

"I liked it very much, lighthearted ,funny ,good story ,just what's needed in this busy,busy life ."

Missie, whoever you are, thank you so much for brightening my day! Big cheesy grin

Jambalaya is now part of the KDP Select program.

1 comment: