Total Pageviews

Featured post

A Dog is not just for Christmas...but these two could be!

I promised you some news about Rohan and India, so here it is!   The brand new book of stories about their lives at TURN Education is now av...

Wednesday 25 August 2010

The law of diminishing returns

f you're as addicted to the concept of 'visitor numbers' as I am, then it's somewhat disconcerting to realise that these don't actually amount to a hill of beans. For example, according to authonomy, my thread publicising this blog has attracted a total of 355 visits to date. I suppose an optimist might anticipate that at least 1 in 10 of these visits might provoke a consequent visit to the blog under discussion, and yet the visitor numbers to the blog actually declined over the same period. According to Google Analytics, a total of 13 authonomites were kind enough to visit, for which I'm very grateful. All of which, I suppose, rather demonstrates the law of diminishing returns. I guess, ultimately, the number of visitors to the blog or backings for your book on authonomy, don't really amount to anything in real terms, the only thing that will matter in the end is how many people are convinced to put their hand in their pocket (or someone else's pocket, if they're so inclined) and pay for our work. Until then, the numbers are an interesting distraction but nothing more.

Sorry, I'm in that sort of mood today ;-(

No comments:

Post a Comment